Thursday, March 8, 2012

Walking To The Beat

If you know me, you know that I have a passion for country music.  Everything about it just calls to me.  It tells a story. Sometimes it feels like whoever wrote this song wrote it about me. ya know that feeling? The one of oh s*** somebody is watching me, because this song is about my life. Yeah, I have many of those moments.

I was born in the complete wrong part of the country.  I should have been born in Texas, or Alabama, or North Carolina. Anywhere but little ol Albuquerque, New Mexico! Don't get me wrong, I love everything about this place, I just don't fit in as well.

Anyway, I am really into non mainstream stuff and I recently discovered Chase Rice, Florida Georgia Line, and Outshyne.  Now that I have told you this information, you should all go to itunes and download it all immediately (after you read this of course).  They are just good. And I may be a little obsessed, but still, it's worth a listen.

I like this stuff, but i am a cowboy boot wearing, sweet tea drinking, two stepping, small town girl at heart, and i love this kind of stuff. And I just thought I needed to share with everybody!

Country music is in my soul. It is what I love. It just gets me.  It knows when I am happy or sad or angry or hurting. It knows when I need a reminder that God is with me, it just gets me. It is what I wake up to in the morning, and fall asleep to at night. I desperately wish I had an ounce of talent in my bones so I could do it for a living, but I don't. So I will stick with nursing for now.

I am a simple person, what can I say.  All I need is some good music, a good book, my puppies, and I am good. This is what makes me happy. And I felt a need to share! Now go download so music!!


No comments:

Post a Comment